I am 33 weeks and counting. My sister had another really cute babe yesterday! Seriously, you should see this girl! She is DANG adorable! However, I promised I wouldn't post any pictures until they got a chance too. But just wait until you see this girl. She is GORGEOUS! Anyway, back to the point.. I realized how quick we're going to have a baby and how not prepared I am. Basically I felt like I was talking to my sister just last week and she was like "Ya, i'm 33 weeks".
Last night I could not sleep, my mind was racing. Finally at 3AM I realized something... My name on my SS isn't changed! Maddox will have a birth certificate saying his mom and dad didn't have the same last name! I freaked out! What will our ancestors think of me and Josh and our illegitimate child?! He was conceived close enough to our wedding date that questions could be raised! haha. I need to get that changed ASAP! So after I thought about that then I started putting together my mental list. This is everything I would like to have finished in the next 4 weeks, so I can be all prepared and rest by the time I hit 38 weeks. Am I missing anything?!?
- Write thank you cards for the sweet baby shower I was given
- Change Social Security Name
- Finish Crib Bumpers
- Make/Hang Curtains
- Pack hospital bag
- Wash baby clothes
- Boil bottles/binkies
- Read parenting books so our kid survives living with us!
- Take CPR class (remember I told you i'm in that really paranoid mode? Yup...this is one of the results)
- Find a pediatrician (what do you do after you find them? Call and ask if they will be your baby's doctor?)
- Figure out insurance for the little one (where do I start?!)
- Make a list of people to call/text when the little one arrives
- CUT MY HAIR (I haven't cut it since our wedding....it needs done)
- Organize his room (put together dresser/find places to put all his toys/swings etc)
- Make a birth announcement list
- Make birth announcements ready to send out
I still feel like i'm missing things...but this is the basis list I was able to come up with at 4am today!
I'm so anxious to have him here, but at the same time I have SO MUCH TO DO! I hope it can all be done before he decides to show up! If anyone wants to make a visit to Idaho and sew his crib bedding together or something, i'm totally down with that, just so ya'll know. The offer is out there :)
I can come sew some stuff for you!! Also, I was wondering why you were asking about SS stuff. It won't take very long. PS I miss you
ReplyDeleteWe liked the doctor that was on call at the hospital when Lilly was born and they sent us home with his info so that's who we stayed with. As for insurance, you should call the hospital you'll be delivering at and see if they have a Medicaid representative or someone who can help you apply for it.. BEFORE the baby comes, so your hospital bills will be covered. If you don't qualify for it (you should though..) then Maddox should be covered under Josh's work insurance (you'd probably have to call his insurance and let them know you're having a baby.) Anyway, hope that helps a little!
ReplyDeleteIf you need anything sewn together hannah, i can help you :) i croche too :)
ReplyDeleteps sorry about spelling