I was supposed to be induced on Monday (the 22nd) night. That afternoon I went to my Dr and he said things were actually looking better than they had the week before and so he wasn't going to induce me at 39 weeks and he scheduled another induction for after my due date in case I hadn't gone into labor by then. I was a little bummed. My parents were in Idaho, Josh had taken the week off work....it was just not working out. Tuesday morning I ended up going into the hospital with some complications and they ended up doing an emergency induction anyway. So it kind of worked out (in a way). They started my induction at 1:00pm on Tuesday and I was in labor all day and all night. Finally at 8:14 on Wednesday morning I had our sweet baby boy! It was all a blur. When he was born they laid him on me for just one second, but there were so many hands and blankets I couldn't even see him. Then all of the sudden they took him away from me over to the other side of the room. He had a lot of fluid in his lungs and couldn't breathe. The doctor wanted to send him straight to the NICU, but the nurse was really pushing the Dr to work on him in the room a little bit longer to see if he could get him stable. The nurse told me later that if we had had to admit him to the NICU that he would be there for a few days or maybe even weeks and we wouldn't see much of him, so she was just trying to help us out. The Dr ended up working on him in the delivery room for 45 minutes before they finally had him breathing on his own and all of the fluid out of his lungs. It was the LONGEST 45 minutes of my life. I couldn't see anything, I didn't know much of what was going on other than I kept hearing the word "NICU". All I really wanted was to just see and hold my baby. There were a lot of scrambled prayers going through my head. Finally when they were able to give him to me it was the best feeling in the world to see my sweet little angel. He was perfect (and he had hair, yay!) I was SO happy that our prayers were answered and they were able to get him breathing. Since then this boy has not been put down during the day. I spend all day snuggling him, kissing him, and just enjoying my sweet time with him. Then daddy comes home from work and takes him and snuggles him and kisses him. This boy is going to be spoiled rotten, but I am totally ok with that. He is such a sweetheart it's hard to just lay him down all alone. Here is our sweet little angel...
Friday, May 3, 2013
I've got an angel...
Maddox is finally here! Wednesday April 24th, 2013 at 8:14 a.m. He weighed 7pounds 3ounces and was 19.5 inches long. This boy is the sweetest thing in the world! He isn't much of a crier. He likes to make the "sad face" when he wants something, but he doesn't really like to let out a loud "holler" if he's hungry or needs his diaper changed. I've had to become a light sleeper just so I can hear him in the middle of the night (and yes, he sleeps in a bassinet right next to me and I still don't hear him sometimes). He truly is a really good baby (knock on wood!) Luckily we had an awesome photographer that was able to take pictures of his birth and everything (PG rated, no worries) and I just love them. The pictures she took totally captured all of the emotions in the room when he was born. So here is the full story (with pics :) )
I was supposed to be induced on Monday (the 22nd) night. That afternoon I went to my Dr and he said things were actually looking better than they had the week before and so he wasn't going to induce me at 39 weeks and he scheduled another induction for after my due date in case I hadn't gone into labor by then. I was a little bummed. My parents were in Idaho, Josh had taken the week off work....it was just not working out. Tuesday morning I ended up going into the hospital with some complications and they ended up doing an emergency induction anyway. So it kind of worked out (in a way). They started my induction at 1:00pm on Tuesday and I was in labor all day and all night. Finally at 8:14 on Wednesday morning I had our sweet baby boy! It was all a blur. When he was born they laid him on me for just one second, but there were so many hands and blankets I couldn't even see him. Then all of the sudden they took him away from me over to the other side of the room. He had a lot of fluid in his lungs and couldn't breathe. The doctor wanted to send him straight to the NICU, but the nurse was really pushing the Dr to work on him in the room a little bit longer to see if he could get him stable. The nurse told me later that if we had had to admit him to the NICU that he would be there for a few days or maybe even weeks and we wouldn't see much of him, so she was just trying to help us out. The Dr ended up working on him in the delivery room for 45 minutes before they finally had him breathing on his own and all of the fluid out of his lungs. It was the LONGEST 45 minutes of my life. I couldn't see anything, I didn't know much of what was going on other than I kept hearing the word "NICU". All I really wanted was to just see and hold my baby. There were a lot of scrambled prayers going through my head. Finally when they were able to give him to me it was the best feeling in the world to see my sweet little angel. He was perfect (and he had hair, yay!) I was SO happy that our prayers were answered and they were able to get him breathing. Since then this boy has not been put down during the day. I spend all day snuggling him, kissing him, and just enjoying my sweet time with him. Then daddy comes home from work and takes him and snuggles him and kisses him. This boy is going to be spoiled rotten, but I am totally ok with that. He is such a sweetheart it's hard to just lay him down all alone. Here is our sweet little angel...
I was supposed to be induced on Monday (the 22nd) night. That afternoon I went to my Dr and he said things were actually looking better than they had the week before and so he wasn't going to induce me at 39 weeks and he scheduled another induction for after my due date in case I hadn't gone into labor by then. I was a little bummed. My parents were in Idaho, Josh had taken the week off work....it was just not working out. Tuesday morning I ended up going into the hospital with some complications and they ended up doing an emergency induction anyway. So it kind of worked out (in a way). They started my induction at 1:00pm on Tuesday and I was in labor all day and all night. Finally at 8:14 on Wednesday morning I had our sweet baby boy! It was all a blur. When he was born they laid him on me for just one second, but there were so many hands and blankets I couldn't even see him. Then all of the sudden they took him away from me over to the other side of the room. He had a lot of fluid in his lungs and couldn't breathe. The doctor wanted to send him straight to the NICU, but the nurse was really pushing the Dr to work on him in the room a little bit longer to see if he could get him stable. The nurse told me later that if we had had to admit him to the NICU that he would be there for a few days or maybe even weeks and we wouldn't see much of him, so she was just trying to help us out. The Dr ended up working on him in the delivery room for 45 minutes before they finally had him breathing on his own and all of the fluid out of his lungs. It was the LONGEST 45 minutes of my life. I couldn't see anything, I didn't know much of what was going on other than I kept hearing the word "NICU". All I really wanted was to just see and hold my baby. There were a lot of scrambled prayers going through my head. Finally when they were able to give him to me it was the best feeling in the world to see my sweet little angel. He was perfect (and he had hair, yay!) I was SO happy that our prayers were answered and they were able to get him breathing. Since then this boy has not been put down during the day. I spend all day snuggling him, kissing him, and just enjoying my sweet time with him. Then daddy comes home from work and takes him and snuggles him and kisses him. This boy is going to be spoiled rotten, but I am totally ok with that. He is such a sweetheart it's hard to just lay him down all alone. Here is our sweet little angel...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















Hannah, he's precious! You are awesome :D
ReplyDelete