The past few days I have had a VERY bad experience with mice. I remember dealing with mice a little bit when we lived in Utah, but remember that for the past 12 years I have been living in Nevada, where mice don't really exist (at least coming into your house). So living in Idaho has been a completely different story for me.
We have been seeing signs of mice (and hearing them in middle of the night) so we set out mouse traps with Snickers bars on them (who doesn't love a good Snickers?). The stupid mouse got the chocolate without setting the trap off! How lame is that?
Story #1- On Friday Josh had taken the car to the shop to get our A/C looked at and I was making a sandwich. Maddox was in his carseat with the cover over him sitting in the living room. I look over and there is a mouse on TOP of the carseat cover of Maddox's carseat! I know, I know. I'm a horrible mom for leaving my baby's carseat on the floor. I run over and smack the mouse off (luckily the mouse never touched the baby). I wounded it's leg when I hit it (or when it fell on the ground, I don't know which). So it was dazed, shocked, wounded, and running around in my living room. I ran Maddox into my room, set him on the bed, then shut the door, I called my dad in tears and he told me to get a shovel and hit it. I run outside and grab the snow shovel on our front porch and I spend a good 10 minutes trying to scoop up this mouse (I just didn't have the heart to hit it). After a while it ran for our back door, so I got ahead of it and opened the door, then tried to sweep it out the door. It ran around the shovel and onto my FOOT! I flipped out and kicked my foot. The mouse went flying and hit the wall and fell onto the floor and stopped moving, but was still breathing. I was on the phone with my mom by this point and she kept telling me it was more humane to just wack it and finish it off instead of let it suffer, but I just couldn't do it! So I kept trying to scoop it into the shovel and I was going to take it outside and let it die there. Unfortunately the mouse didn't scoop into the shovel very well, and it ended up being rolled/dragged across our living room floor maiming and distorting it even more. Finally I got something to scoop it into the shovel with and ran outside. I knew I had to kill it instead of let it suffer so I kept lifting up the shovel to kill it and I just couldn't bring the shovel down onto the poor mouse. It's little whiskers were twitching and it was staring at me. So I scoop it back up into the shovel and run around the park that we live in trying to find out landlord (he's always outside doing some project, so I knew I could find him and he would kill it for me). I could not find him anywhere. So i'm running around the park with a mouse in my shovel as i'm still crying...I knew it was probably a pretty bad sight to anyone that saw me. So I came home and set down the shovel and went off without the mouse to find my landlord. I couldn't find him anywhere and came back to the house to check on the mouse and it had finally died! So I cried even more and dug it a hole and buried it. We went and bought 4 HUGE box's of D-Con and put them out, by the next morning all the box's were empty, so I figured the problem would be taken care of in the next 4-5 days.
Story #2- 3 days later (today) right after I took Josh to work, I was getting ready in the doorway of my room and was on the phone with my sister when something caught my eye and I look into our kitchen and there was this FAT mouse sitting there staring at me. We stared each other down for a few minutes and I told myself I was going to deal with this stupid mouse and keep my pride this time. So I went in search of a box to put over it (it was moving VERY slow and you can tell it was sick, I think from all the D-Con). Unfortunately I couldn't find a box anywhere, but didn't want to let it get away, and I knew from experience that I didn't have the heart to kill these things. So I called my landlord (Val's) cellphone this time and asked him to come over and help me. He came over, put gloves on, and bent over to pick it up so I didn't have to see him kill it. The mouse slipped out from his hand and ran for under the dishwasher. Val stepped on it right before it ran under and it started bleeding a lot but still managed to get under the dishwasher. So Val and Cathy (his wife that came over a few minutes later to see what was going on) kept looking under the dishwasher to try and get it but they couldn't find it. Val had his friend come over and they were trying to pull out the dishwasher when the mouse came running out. His friend straight up stabbed the mouse with a screw driver. It was really sad. I held back my tears so I didn't look like a baby! There was blood all over my kitchen floor and I was pretty nauseous. Luckily without me even asking, Val scrubbed everything down with lysol and is coming over tomorrow and him and Josh are going to check out the outside of our house and see if they can figure out where they are getting in at!
Story #3- I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and so tonight I asked Josh to pull out my pre-pregnancy clothes I had packed away into the storage room 6 months ago. He pulled out the 2 box's and as we started going through them guess what we found? The mouse nest. Yup. That's right, feel free to barf like I did. Luckily we didn't find any mice BUT they had eatin through more than half of my clothes. Holes over 3 inches big. Un fixable. And of course they had to eat through my favorite's. Basically I am ticked off. If I see another one of those little freaks i'm pretty sure I might actually have the heart to bash them over the head this time.
SO ANNOYED AT MICE! And I thought the only thing I had to worry about dealing with this spring is spiders in my house. NOT!
This was hilarious! And disgusting too. I would have a heart attack if I saw a mouse in my house, ESPECIALLY if it were anywhere near Farrah or Lilly!! You're much more brave than me. Sucks about your clothes but I guess that just means you're due for a shopping spree! :)
ReplyDelete