Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A hole in the bag...

Do you ever have days where you feel like you're losing your mind... then by the end of the day you're just laughing at everything because you realize you haven't lost all your marbles but there is definitely a hole in the bag? Maybe it's the lack of sleep, the morning sickness all day sickness, or just the fact that you have been pregnant for a total of 11 of the past 13 months and your brains are basically fried? Well whatever it was...today was that day.

Josh helped out a ton this morning...but all good things must come to an end. He had to go to work. So I was left with the child just like any ordinary day, right? Wrong. While changing the diaper I get a work phone call and take it. I get so side tracked in the conversation I button his jumper right up without ever putting a diaper back on him. I didn't realize this until I thought I had yellow sweat running down the front of my shirt.

Later this evening we decided to go for a walk. When I walked out the door I realized I had left the car running from when we went to the store, which we had gotten back from 45 minutes ago. I really felt like I was losing it then. On the walk I hear Maddox make a funny little squeak so I walk to the front of the stroller and he is putting his hand into his mouth. No biggie. Oh except for the fact that his hand had a lady bug on it. I grabbed his hand but it scared the lady bug and it flew further into his mouth. I wrestled Maddox for 2 minutes while he screamed at me, until I realized it was too late. The lady bug was gone. He had swallowed it. By this point I was done with the day. I had been peed on, wasted a quarter tank of gas, and my 3 month old just swallowed a lady bug.

We get home and after I feed Maddox I was bouncing him in this bouncy chair. Then all of the sudden....SPIT UP! And in that spit up.....was a red ladybug. I just stared for a minute, then started cracking up laughing. I couldn't stop. It was a long afternoon and this just put me over the edge. I laughed for 2 minutes while Maddox stared at me like I was a nut case. Then he started laughing too. Apparently when mom cracks up it's funny.

Hopefully i'm not totally losing it and this is just a "mommy phase".

No comments:

Post a Comment