This last week my mom was in Idaho staying with us and she was attending education week at BYU-I. One night she came home and told me about this class she went to where the lady was telling them about a "Life Plan". Basically what you want to do in your life. Your goals, dreams, plans... But then my mom told me that on her "Life Plan Board" she had a section that said "The Unexpected" and the teacher told them to "expect the unexpected". I loved that. You may not realize this about me, but I like plans. I like things set in stone, I'm not really a fan of uncertainty, and I don't really plan for the unexpected to happen. Sometimes I get spontaneous, but for the most part I like to know what's going on. Lately, especially since I've had Maddox, I've had to realize things can't always be planned. There are too many factors in life...especially a life with a kid. Day's where I plan to have the house spotless and dinner ready on the stove and looking so cute for when my awesome hubby comes home from work, standing in the doorway, just waiting to give him a kiss...ya...those days turn into me not even getting out of my PJ's, laying in the middle of our messy living room kissing my baby who cracks up every time I kiss his ticklish little neck and my husband walking in the door to me making the silliest faces, just to see our baby smile. The days I plan on laying Maddox down for a nap at all the usual times and getting stuff done during those naps, those days turn into me and Maddox blasting music in our house and dancing around for hours past his nap time.
There are baby toys all over our living room, our room is full of piles of laundry that really should get into the washer sometime this week... or month... our kitchen is full of dishes that need to be put away. Some mornings we lay in bed for 2 hours and play with Maddox while he smiles and giggles and coos. We are embracing life, and we are definitely learning that we need to expect the unexpected...but more on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment