Maddox at 2 weeks old, 8 weeks old, 4.5 months old, and 5.5 months old!
My sweet little man is 6 months old today!!! It seems like just a few weeks ago we were bringing him home from the hospital and scared to even pick him up, dress him, or bathe him. Now we are expert parents! (Not!). This little boy is the light of our lives. We are so grateful to have his sweet spirit in our home! I feel so blessed to be this little boys momma. From day one Maddox has been an awesome sleeper. At least 4-5 hours at a time. Now he sleeps 9-10 hours then wakes up and has a bottle and goes back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. He LOVES to roll over onto his belly and he has learned how to army crawl across the whole house. He can get anywhere now! He has been sitting up for 2-3 minutes at a time from about 4 months old and now he can sit up for however long he wants....he just really likes to be on his belly crawling. He sleeps in his own crib...often on his belly... or halfway sitting up...and most nights he finds his way to the other side of the crib and flips a 180. When he DOES get to sleep in bed with mom and dad he sleeps width wise between us making an H shape. Luckily his feet normally go towards Josh, so Josh is the one getting kicked all night. Not me :) He likes to stand up holding on to stuff (bed, couch, etc) but he most times gets to excited and bounces up and down then falls over. He loves to bounce up and down. His "Jumparoo" is one of his favorite toys and is a surefire way to get a smile on his face. He loves raspberries and his belly being tickled. He also thinks it's pretty hilarious when he puts his finger in your mouth or even your nose (ick). I can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks i've woken up with a finger in my nose.This boy has a boatload of hair! It's just so light you can hardly see a lot of it in pictures. I gave him a haircut about a month ago, but it has grown back even LONGER than it was before! He's starting to look like Einstein when I don't style it. Halloween costume, maybe?
He has yet to double his birthweight. He is only a whopping 13.1 pounds! He looks so big and grown up in pictures but people that see him and have a baby the same age comment on how teeny he is. Poor boy. Last week at church he sat next to a girl a month YOUNGER than him and she was already 16 pounds. She also tried to eat him (No joke)....Poor boy just smiled and flirted with her. *Sigh*. He is 28 inches long though! A little above the average 26 inches! So at least he has some height to him :)
His favorite food is pears. A close second in applesauce. He would eat pears all day every day if I would let him. He is SO good at feeding himself with a spoon. He can grab the handle of the spoon and direct the spoon into his mouth. Sometimes he just gets too excited and puts it a little to far back and gags himself :) If I don't feed him fast enough he grabs to spoon from my hand and throws it in his mouth. He also loves his afternoon apple juice while he watches a show he likes (Jake and the Neverland Pirates or Bob the Builder). His favorite stuffed animal is a giraffe Josh bought him.
He has a lot of blankies that he loves, but the only one he will go to sleep with at night is the one my mom made him. She crocheted it and used the silkiest, softest yarn you have ever felt and he LOVES it. I have tried covering him with a different blanket at night and he won't go to sleep. He has screamed and screamed until I give him his Grammy Sommers blanket (We call it his lovey). He puts himself to sleep at night time and during naps. I just give him a bottle and go lay him down in his crib with a binky and he puts himself to sleep (as long as he has his lovey). He absolutely loves to be outside, no matter how cold. He thinks his toes are pretty dang awesome. And he absolutely loves daddy's saltwater fish tank. Whenever I go check on him while he's taking a nap if he wakes up when I walk in he just opens his eyes, gives me a huge smile, and falls back asleep. He melts my heart.
I think that's about it! I fall in love with this sweet boy more and more every day. Even after he goes to bed and night I have withdrawals so I sneak in his room and kiss his face just 5 or 10 more times :) I swoon over him and how handsome and sweet he is. I love that he smiles every time he sees me and that he puts his arms around my neck and buries his face in my shoulder whenever he's sad or tired. I'm in love with this boy :) No matter how bad I want a little girl, if I have another boy and he's anything like this I will be so in heaven!
Happy Half Bday, Maddox!

No comments:
Post a Comment