This poor blog goes weeks without being looked at and I always think 'I need to blog'. I also have really enjoyed following other peoples blogs as well...but it seems like everyone has quit blogging lately. So the question is...is blogging out?
Well...I enjoy blogging either way. So this blog will be staying..and I hopefully somebody enjoys staying up to date with our crazy lives!
So the question today is....How do you find ways to serve your husband when he isn't around? I have been missing my sweet husband like crazy lately. This morning he left for class and I actually cried (blame it on the pregnancy hormones). I know it's just life, but between work and school I don't get to see nearly as much of my husband as I would like to. Sundays are my only full days with him and even those days get hard because we live so close to family it's like we have to make a decision to finally have us time for the first time in a week or go visit family so feelings don't get hurt. Lately we have just decided that with the little amounts of time we have throughout the week that Sunday is a very important day for us to finally be able to spend some time together and just catch up. I want to start finding ways to serve Josh more throughout the week though so he can see how much I love him all week...and not just on Sunday when we finally have the chance to see each other. What are acts of service you can do for your husband when he's not around? I don't think making the bed or doing the dishes really have a big impact on him. Suggestions would be appreciated :)
One thing that JD loves that I do every now and then is leave a little post-it note by his keys or his wallet or even on the bathroom mirror. That way when he get up at 5:00 a.m. to go to work he has a little thing that tells him how much his wife loves him! I'll often write "I love you" but sometimes I mix it up and use an inside joke or something like that. If I'm feeling extra generous I'll pick up his favorite candy bar to leave with the note.
ReplyDeleteIt's really simple but it makes a big impact with my husband, since I'm never awake when he goes to work it's like me being able to give him a little present with very minimal effort!