Sometimes I feel like my blog is like this...
So. I have been craving funeral potatoes for quite some time now, but fortunately I haven't had any funerals to attend. So yesterday I packed up and went to the store to get the ingredients. I had never made funeral potatoes before, only experienced their divine flavor. I was just going to make half a casserole, but who was I kidding! While I was mixing up the batch it hit me. Funeral potatoes are so good because they are fat. Pure fat. I guess that along with the eggnog was my fat intake for the month.
Why is this a thought? Because i'm sick today. Very sick. Josh had the flu over the weekend while I had a little head cold. Now today I feel flu-ish. I'm trying to decide if I contracted the flu, or if funeral potatoes and egg nog all day yesterday just hit me like a train this morning. So I have been feeling pretty lazy today. Luckily our house has stayed picked up for the past 3 days (woot! woot!). At least the housework isn't getting away from me. But I still feel like a failure on the days when I don't accomplish much other than take naps with my baby (he LOVES to snuggle his momma).
So this has been our day today. Has this plagued my love of funeral potatoes and egg nog? Absolutely not.
No comments:
Post a Comment