Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Maddox!

This post is so be-lated! 2 months to be exact. Keeping up with 2 boys and keeping them out of trouble is a lot of work, but more on that later.
April 24th, 2014 was Maddox's 1st birthday! He had such an exciting first year of life! He learned how to sit, crawl, stand, walk, and talk. He had a lot of fun visits to the doctor, a few fun visits to the hospital, one surgery, one concussion, and a baby brother. Typing this I sound like a horrible mom. I promise we love and protect our kids. Don't go calling social services :)
This is the sweetest boy you will ever meet. He steals the hearts of everyone he meets. He loves everyone, you can tell he is just the sweetest soul, and he is just flat out adorable.
At 1 year old he weighs a whopping 20 pounds! He's 29 inches tall! He has adorable green eyes, reddish/brownish/blondish hair, and the longest eyelashes I have ever seen on a little boy! (I'm super jealous!)
His favorite toys are his Buzz Lightyear (which he got for his birthday), cars, and the piano. His favorite movie is Wreck it Ralph. We have watched this movie 100+ times. I can quote this whole movie for you start to finish. I used to like it, now I feel like if I have to listen to Ralph complain about being the bad guy one more time IM going to become the bad guy! Anyway...
He LOVES to be outside and is currently figuring out how to open and escape out the front door. He is extremely intrigued by dirt, rocks, mud....basically everything boys love. He loves to play "daredevil" with daddy and let daddy throw him around and toss him in the air (despite what you may be thinking, no this is not how he got his concussion), and he thinks driving our car is the coolest thing ever.
He loves his baby brother Sawyer and is always looking for him and when he finds him Maddox loves to give him hugs and kisses and share his toys and rock him in his carseat or his swing.
Bathtime is one of the favorite parts of the day...and he needs it! By the end of the day this boy is covered in dirt from head to toe!
He loves puppies and he likes to pull on cats tails. He thinks daddy's fish tanks are pretty awesome as well! He thinks the word "No" is hilarious, no matter how firm I say it (this is a current dilemma i'm working on) and he loves to play with kids his age. He gets so excited when he sees other little kids, i'm so convinced they should let him into nursery ;)
Anyway, I could go on and on and on and on about how amazing my little boy is. He has brought me so much joy and happiness and he melts my heart when he calls me "momma". We're so blessed to have this little boy in our home and we look forward to many many many more birthdays to celebrate with him!
Happy Birthday son! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment