Ok...So although this has been something that I have been super proud of for a few months now, it's still a little embarrassing to write. But i'm to the point that i'm just so proud and I really want to document my progress.
Let's all take a moment and remember I have literally been pregnant for 2 years...with like a 3 month break in between. If you have never had a baby...just pretend you swallowed a beach ball for 2 years. Then you took it out and you probably wouldn't be super fit...right?
Well that's how I felt. 2 years of pregnancy with no recovery time in the middle. We can all imagine. Well, I was determined to do something about it and get my body back since it will be a good 4 years (hopefully) before we are blessed with another baby.
I started going to the gym every night and running on a treadmill and doing the stair climber...but I wasn't seeing any progress. I was starting to feel discouraged and actually had to quit for a few weeks (doctors orders). As soon as I was able to work out again I hired a babysitter and made Josh take me to the gym and show me how I can burn fat and tone the areas that I wanted. He introduced me to the wonderful world of weightlifting. At first I was a little weirded out. I felt like weight lifting was for dudes, but as soon as I started working out and perfected what I was doing I felt amazing. The first week that I went to the gym I stared at myself in the mirror and thought "I look like one of 'those' people that you know is seeing the inside of a gym for the first time in 5 years" and I was super self conscious about what I was doing. Yesterday, I got in front of the mirror to lift weights and actually looked at myself and thought "You look like someone who knows what they are doing, and someone that is getting amazing results!" I feel AH-MAH-ZING! I can't say it enough. My baby fat is melting away. I have been working out for about 5 weeks now and I have lost 20 pounds since I started lifting. This is the embarrassing part...it's sad that I actually had that much to lose. But it's awesome that i'm actually losing it. And I feel like it's coming off quick! I step on the scale at the end of every week and i'm seeing almost 4 pounds gone every week.
Here's the other awesome part. I eat healthy during the week, but Sunday is cheat day. And cheat day you can eat WHATEVER you want! I had to implement this into my diet because I knew I would feel like a failure when I said no sugar or goodies whatsoever, and then when I snuck some I would tell myself "well, you already cheated so just eat another cookie anyway". With cheat day I get some goodies for the week and I feel like i'm not completely deprived. Plus it gets me through the week with eating healthy and not feeling like cheating on my diet. Cheat day we eat cake, cookies, desserts, waffles for breakfast..all sorts of goods. And yes, even with cheat day i'm still losing 4 pounds a week. That is what I most absolutely love!
Working out is becoming a huge addiction for me. I look forward to it every day. I am absolutely loving the results that i'm seeing and it makes me feel so good physically and emotionally. It recharges me, it energizes me, it makes me feel accomplished, and it's so good for me. I am finally in the habit and now I have a hard time skipping a day of not working out. This is one habit I am definitely not letting go :D
You are amazing Hannah!! Always so driven and hard working! im so impressed by you!!! you are awesome! i should try looking forward to it everyday but these days i dread it haha. im going to think more like you girl! hope you and your little family are doing well :) hopefully we can meet Sawyer soon! love ya!
ReplyDelete