As a lot of you know, my parents rented a house right next to the beach in California for a week as our family Christmas present. I can say without a doubt it was the best Christmas I've ever had. Me and Josh picked up my grandma in Utah on the way down and were so grateful to be able to spend a few hours in the car to just talk with her. We finally got to Nevada on the night of Christmas and spent time with my parents and opened presents.
On Friday we left for California. Me and Josh followed my parents and grandma to California (My sister and brother were going to meet us there). We had a really fun caravan down, stopped at the family favorite Tommy Burgers, and had fun passing each other in the California traffic. It was so gorgeous in California that we didn't even mind the traffic...that much. We finally got to the house in San Clemente and unpacked. We put the boys down for bed and then Josh, my parents and I went for a walk down to the beach. I can't tell you how much I have missed the ocean. The next morning the whole family went for a walk down to the ocean and played in the water for a while. Maddox loved the sand and Sawyer just enjoyed the sun.
On Sunday we found a ward to go to and jumped in to their sacrament meeting. We spent the day hanging out in the hot tub, visiting, and enjoying family time. We sat around the glass fire pit and listened to my grandma tell stories which was so awesome.
Monday, me, Josh the boys and my mom, dad, and 2 nieces packed up and went to Disneyland. It really was such a fun day. It's different with babies, but definitely funner. I loved the smile and laughter that came from Maddox while we were there. He definitely had so much fun. His favorite ride was by far the teacups.
On Tuesday the whole family spent the day on the beach again. Josh was crazy and went straight into the water. I sat in a beach chair and I guy walked past me and said "Do you know that guy?" I said yes and he said "Is he crazy?" I said "No, just from Idaho" haha. Josh even got my dad into the water and they spent a good half hour playing in the waves. On Wednesday we went to the San Diego zoo. It was chillier in the morning but it was nice and warm that afternoon. Thursday morning Josh and my dad went surfing and Thursday afternoon we headed home. We had so much fun on the piers, balboa island, the house was amazingly gorgeous, the water was beautiful, the air smelled amazing. Oh how I love California. One day I will live there again.
Thank you again mom and dad for the best Christmas present ever. I don't know if we can top a Christmas like we had this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment