This is my diagnosis for my longing for summer. It's like homesick...but summer sick. My heart aches for summer. I always crave summertime. Days like these in Rexburg (where the snow is so thick floating through the air you can't see 10 feet in front of you and your windshield freezes over before the defroster can catch up) make me wish that we lived in California. Does California appeal to everyone like it appeals to me? I have daydreams about living on the coast of California...where the sun is always shining, you can smell the salt in the air, and it is never to warm or to cold. One day....hopefully... we will be able to live out our dreams in California. This picture is my dream place...walking on the beach and the pier at night....mmm.
Summertime is my favorite time. I love swimming, the snow cones, the shorts and flip flops, and feeling the sunshine on your skin. During summertime all I want is to be outside all day long...on a beach...soaking in the sun. Why does it always have to pass by so fast and take so long to come around again? I guess thats what we get for living in Idaho right? A short...sweet...summer. I close my eyes and remember the summer evenings we would lay on the grass on a blanket and watch the sunset and listen to the crickets chirp...I miss it so much....
I am slowly counting down the days until this next summer begins. I can't wait to have our little baby and be able to take long walks in the evening, go wade in pools, and enjoy the warmth and the sun. Take vacations to Nevada and spend our days out on the lake....And best of all, Josh having the summer off from school to spend even more time with me and Maddox :)
Can you tell how summer sick I am today? Does anyone else have this horrible sickness right now?

No comments:
Post a Comment