I love my momma! She is an amazing woman. But do you want to know why I love my mom? Here's a few reasons...
#1- she had me and raised me. I now fully appreciate labor and then sleepless nights, being pooped on (story for another time), and patience. Maddox is one good baby. Seriously, we never hear this kid fuss now. But I still need patience. That being said, I can't even imagine what kind of kid I was. My mom seriously had to have some serious virtue (patience is a virtue) to raise me. So I appreciate her for that.
#2- I called my mom about 7 times today. She answered every single time. Not only that, but I called her for stupid things. e.g. Me: Hey mom, quick question...is chicken breast, you know the kind in the can that looks like tuna but it's not, is that cooked? Mom: Yes...it's definitely cooked Me: Oh ok. Josh opened a can thinking it was tuna, but then realized it's chicken, but I told him he had to eat it, so he wanted me to make sure it was cooked first. Thanks love you bye!
Ya...so even after that conversation she still answered my phone calls haha. My mom is like the go to google. My phone is right there...but my mom is just more awesome than google.
#3- After I called her a million times asking all these questions about leases, deposits, and renting, I finally call her and tell her that we found a place and put down a deposit...do you know what one of the first things she said was? "Well let us know when you are moving and I might be able to come up and help you move." This is coming from a lady that is going to girls camp, trying to get my dad off on a 50 mile hike, being the ward compassionate service leader, and running all their rental properties. And still she says "I might be able to come up and help you move" which leads us to....
#4- My mom is a very giving person. She is always offering to help people in any way she can. I asked her to come up and stay with us after I had the baby and she dropped everything and came up here, cooked us AMAZING food, cleaned our house, and snuggled my baby in the mornings so I could get some sleep. She took me out shopping and out to lunch and was so sweet the whole time she was here. She is always looking for ways to help us.
These are just a few of the hundreds of reasons why my mom is so awesome. But today it has been on my mind all day long how amazing my mom is and how lucky I am to have her. I can't say enough how much I love her, and I am so homesick it's not even funny. Luckily we are going to Nevada in 2 weeks and I get to see all of my family!
I love you momma! Thanks for all you do!
where are you guys moving to?
ReplyDeleteI agree, you do have an awesome mom and she has been kind and giving and selfless since LONG before you were born. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are moving to town, kind of by Porter Park :)
ReplyDeleteYa...my mom is pretty awesome! Love that lady!
She is so tender hearted, soft spoken and generous! We love aunt Deanna! You're a lucky girl, Hannah! :)
ReplyDeleteHannah, that's seriously close to me!! I can't believe I haven't seen you since January. Let me know when you're moving, I'll come by to help!
ReplyDelete