Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 11

I am officially on day #11 of the early stages of labor....and I am tired. I wish I could call these braxton hicks contractions, but unfortunately they are all to consistent and painful! I just wish they would either go away or do something. I don't feel like I can sit like this for another 3-4 weeks!
I felt like I was getting through the first week or so pretty sane, now i'm starting to lose it. After 10 nights of 3 hours of sleep (if i'm lucky) I feel like a complete mental patient. You could tell me something and 5 minutes later ask me what you just told me, and I probably wouldn't be able to recall one word you said. Multiple times will I be looking for something and getting so frustrated because I can't find it, and I was holding it the whole time. Small things like that every day add up and make me feel like i'm totally losing it. I feel completely exhausted 2 hours after I wake up in the morning and I could honestly probably take 4-5 naps a day at this point haha. I'm in so much pain and so stiff that doing things like picking up the house or vacuuming are major chores for me. It's horrible. I feel like a fat lazy whale these days.
FORTUNATELY my Dr has told me that i'm allowed to start walking again! Hallelujah! For the past 3 months I have been restricted from going on walks, walking around the track, etc. But now i'm back baby! This is the only thing I really enjoy doing these days. Some days I want to go walking at the track 2 or 3 times in the same day. It gives me some energy that I desperately need, it gets me out of the house which is a huge bonus! (being cooped up in the house during the winter = no bueno). Maddox LOVES to go walking and he smiles and yells at all the runners and old people passing us up (yes, with my pregnant lady waddle old people pass us up). But I just love that it makes me feel good, it's the only thing that gives me that boost right now. So every day me, Josh and Maddox all pile in the car and drive up to the school and walk till we can't walk no more!
I feel like labor is getting progressively worse, but idk if that's just because it's been so long it's starting to just feel worse, or if i'm progressing towards active labor. We will find out sooner or later I guess ;)
So with all of this i'm still trying to get things ready for the baby, but I have NO energy. Seriously, my house could use a good scrubbing, but by the time I fill up the bucket with soap and water, pull out the mop, and get ready to rumble i'm completely exhausted. I am seriously considering hiring someone to come over for like 2 hours this week and just scrub my house from top to bottom. I can't find the energy to do it ( I know i'm so lazy) and when I do go into labor I don't want people in and out of our house taking care of Maddox or picking stuff up for us and thinking "Holy cow! Ever heard of a Swiffer, lady?!"
I'll debate it for the next day or two and decide if it's worth it. If I do it, it will just have to be some cleaning service or some student cleaning houses to get through college, there's no way I could hire someone I know to come over. I would be mortified (Our house really isn't THAT bad, but having someone you know clean your house...wouldn't you be embarrassed too?!)
Have you ever hired a cleaning lady or cleaning service? Was it worth it? Any tips?

1 comment:

  1. My mom used to work cleaning new houses and has done side jobs for people. If you hire someone as hard working as her, you wouldn't regret it! Just be specific with what you want done. And yes, I agree. I would never hire someone I knew to clean all my dirt and dust and nastiness. Lol. However, NO ONE should or would judge you. You have a one year old AND an almost newborn. Pregnancy is SO much harder than a lot of people realize. You are completely justified in not having the energy to clean -or do anything for that matter- especially on top of your pain. Don't beat yourself up. Things will fall into place and soon enough you'll get your energy back and feel like a normal person again :)

    ReplyDelete