Friday, March 28, 2014

The Family of Four!

I cant believe it! We are now a family of 4! I'm finally getting around to writing about our sweet baby boy Sawyer!
I had been having contractions for weeks and my Dr kept telling me "any day now". I either wanted something to happen or just have the contractions stop. I was getting so exhausted. Finally last Friday my contractions started getting closer together and by 9pm they were close enough for me to go to the hospital. Josh kept trying to have me go to the hospital, but I kept refusing. I think I was pretty terrified to have a second baby and I thought "As long as I don't go to the hospital our lives won't be changed forever". I was just so scared to finally be having a second baby. Also, I was only 37 weeks and would have been ok holding off one more week for the babes health and so I could get through a hard week at school. We weren't able to sleep and as the night dragged on my contractions kept getting worse. Finally at 2:30am Josh called our friends Mike and Lacey and they came over to stay with Maddox. Once Mike was here I knew I couldn't stall any longer and Josh finally dragged me out the door to the hospital. As soon as we got there the nurse admitted me and the fun began. The night seemed to pass so quickly and time was nothing. Labor was going really well and I actually felt like I was rocking labor this time around. I guess having a baby only 11 months ago left me pretty prepared for labor this time around. I didn't sleep at all through the night so I was running on over 30 hours of no sleep by the time he was born. My labor slowed for a while but then once it picked up again it was only an hour before we were holding our baby. Sawyer Matthew Wray was born at 1:01 pm weighing exactly 7 pounds and measuring 19.5 inches. He is perfect in every single way. We spent an extra day in the hospital because they were worried about his breathing, especially where he was born a little bit pre-term. We had a few scary experiences with him not breathing, especially the first day. The first night after he was born he stayed in our room until 2am when the nurse came in and she ended up taking him down to the NICU for the night to be evaluated. But we had him back by the next morning and after one or two more quick trips to the NICU his Dr finally felt good about his breathing and we were able to go home!
We feel so blessed to have little Sawyer in our family. This pregnancy has been an emotional roller coaster. For the first two trimesters I only had a 50/50 chance of giving birth to him. We heard the words "miscarriage" and "stillborn" more times than we would like to recall. I was on strict bed rest for weeks. So many tears were shed and prayers were said and we now have a perfect son here safe and sound. I can honestly testify that prayer works. I know for a fact that this baby is only here because of all the prayers that were said for him and me, and Im so thankful for everyone that prayed for us and helped us in our times of need. Our ward has been amazing and has done a ton to help us, and my mom has been a heaven sent. She has completely dropped her schedule multiple times to come up here and take care of us, and she never complains. We couldn't be more thankful for all the amazing people in our lives.
As soon as they put this baby on my chest and he cried for the first time I knew he was a miracle and I felt beyond blessed to be able to carry him and be his momma.
I love this perfect little boy and me and Josh are so blessed to have two amazing sons. We are now, proudly, a family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment