Thursday, March 6, 2014

Feeling Lazy

April 8th was the due date we were given, however for the last 2 weeks specifically i've been feeling more and more miserable. The baby has dropped down making it hard to walk, lean over, or do much of anything without being in pain. I've also been having awesome contractions that have been making me progress towards labor. And finally today after seeing how strong my contractions were, how progressed I was, and especially that this has been consistent for almost 2 weeks now, my Dr told me he doesn't think we're going to make it 2 more weeks without a baby BUT if I did make it that far and was still contracting he would help things along. Basically he feels terrible i've been in the early stages of labor for 2 weeks and I think he'll feel even worse letting me sit in the early stages of labor for a month (I love that a Dr can see how strong your contractions are and realize you're not just whining and complaining about being pregnant...but that you're really in pain!) So now the stressing begins.
I feel like I have procrastinated in a way. I thought we would be having a baby in April, so I haven't stressed about getting things done. Now I feel like I don't have enough time and i'm not prepared. I'm sitting here staring at piles of laundry waiting to be folded, I still need to pull out newborn clothes and get those washed and put away, I need to read a million books about how to survive with 2 kids under the age of 1, and I haven't even thought about a hospital bag. So today I just feel overwhelmed. There's so much to do and I have a fear of not having things done if I go into labor....but thinking of everything I have to do makes me want to take a nap. If anyone would love to come do my laundry and read me parenting books, be my guest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment