Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nevada = Heaven

So much to write about...and not enough time. This last week has been a blast. My awesome parents flew me down to Nevada for a week since we weren't going to be able to make it down over Christmas. Josh had finals and work anyway...so I knew I wasn't going to see him. Me and Maddox packed up and took off last Sunday. We had a beautiful Sunday dinner. Then Monday we went to see Frozen. Maddox LOVED the movies! Tuesday me and my mom went to St. George for the day and had so much fun shopping and talking. Wednesday was kind of a lazy day. We watched Christmas movies with my sister and her kids, then Thursday we sent off missionary Christmas packages and worked on some crafts. Friday I went to the park with my nieces and nephew for a while and spent the rest of the day hanging out with my mom. On Saturday my parents threw me a big birthday celebration. It was so awesome. They got me a coffee table, end table, and DVD player for my present! (So much better than the D.I. ones we were planning on getting. They are SO cute!) Then that night we had a dinner party with my sister and her family and my aunt and uncle and their family. My sisters family got me a hot glue gun i've been wanting/needing foreverr! And my aunt and uncle got us some stuff for our 72 hours kits for when the power goes out in Rexburg (which seems to be happening more and more lately) so it was so nice to get some stuff to help us be a little more prepared. Plus they gave me some of my favorite cookies (don't tell Josh...I have them hidden away ;) ) My mom cooked prime rib, smoked turkey, potatoes, pomegranate salad, and of course CAKE. It was a dinner from heaven!
Maddox gets so shy living up here with just me and Josh and this week he had a chance to come out of his shell more. He's definitely grammys boy! And he thinks papa is pretty awesome too! He had so much fun playing with them this week. He also has cousins that love to make him laugh and a sweet aunt that takes such good care of him. I just can't say enough about my family. I could go on all day long for years about how amazing each and every one of them is! I just love them to death and hope we can live closer to them soon! I had the hardest time saying goodbye and coming home today, but luckily Josh was here to make me even want to come home. I sure missed that guy a ton this week! But I had such a blast in Nevada with my family. I wish Josh could have been there to join us! (TMI alert)  It was pretty sweet hugging and kissing him today at the airport ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment