You know that primary song? We always sing it to Maddox when he is doing something he doesn't like "Taking your medicine is fun to do to do to do to do to do!". So i'm trying to sing it to myself right now. I've tried to have such a good attitude during this pregnancy...but today I had a little bit of a melt down. And i'm realizing, it's OK! I have been pregnant for like what... 15 months now? With a little break in the middle? And quite frankly i'm exhausted.
If I hear one more comment from some random person about "Well I had 2 babies within 14 months of each other...but 11 months is insane!" I am going to go crazy! We are having 2 babies within 11 months of each other. Whoop-dee-do! Can't you just say "Congrats!"? At least we are blessed to be able to have babies! That is rant one of my day...
Also, I am scarred for life. Maddox isn't allowed at anymore of my OB appointments. He screamed his head off while things escalated. I had to start tests at my drs office and have a non-stress test. Then my Dr sent me up to the hospital to have more tests done. The nurses told me I probably shouldn't take Maddox (Probably because he was screaming his head off and I was going to be up there for a few hours). So I called Josh and he worked it out so he could leave work and come stay with Maddox. I spent a few hours at the hospital being poked and prodded. I had to drink some nasty stuff that made me want to vomit. I had like 10 gazillion pints of blood taken from me (ok, maybe i'm over exaggerating. It was only 9 gazillion pints). It was one of the top 3 most stressful times of my life. The sad thing is....the top 3 stressful times in my life have all been due to pregnancy. Which leads me to my next rant. Why does everything that can go wrong in pregnancy happen to me? I'm really tired. I just want to have a fun pregnancy that everything is fine and dandy. Where I go into the dr every 4 weeks and he says "You are doing awesome!" and then you leave...and 9 months later after no complications you have a nice smooth delivery and your baby is 100% healthy. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids to death. But the stress is getting me. I'm pretty sure I have a few gray hairs already. I keep trying to tell myself they are bleach blonde, but who am I kidding?
The conclusion of all this poking and prodding? I am on the border of preeclampsia. I'll be monitored every week and can hopefully avoid having it full on before I have the baby, but they said there is nothing that I can really do to prevent it. So I just have to sit and wait to see if I get it or not. Stressful? Ya. Plus I get all the benefits of preeclampsia. They said I could start to feel pretty nauseous and get headaches, etc. I have my drs phone number now! Because things can change within a few hours, so if anything at all happens, guess who I get to call? Yay! However, I am so blessed to have such an amazing dr this time around. He is so thorough and caring I feel completely confident in his decisions. He was even nice enough to call me before he left the office yesterday and make sure I had made it up to the hospital okay and was still doing ok. I can't say enough good things about him!
My poor sweet little Maddox also has his 4th ear infection. He's only 8 months old! We took him into the dr and he's getting on antibiotics AGAIN, but they said if he has 1 more ear infection within the next few months we will probably send him over to ENT to get tubes put in his ears. Poor kid.
Anyway, i'm sorry for the ranting post. I'm to the end of my rope right now in stress. I am so happy we were able to go spend some time in Nevada over Christmas break so I could have some time to relax before all of this hit us. I just don't know how much more I can handle....and on that note, guess who starts school next week? THIS LADY! And I get to take a full 11 credits! I am going to be in big trouble if this preeclampsia sets in and I get admitted to the hospital or have to deliver the baby early. I wasn't planning on any of this when I applied for school this semester.
So bring on the stress, and the gray hairs. We can do this....right?
No comments:
Post a Comment