I know that everyone who reads this has had a negative thought about themselves. Whether it's about appearance, accomplishments or something completely different. Can you honestly say you have never had a negative thought? I can honestly say I have.
I'm a very self critical person. I know when I do something good, but I also really like to push myself to be better. However, that makes me very critical of myself. This year one of my new years resolutions was to "Love Me" more. I want to focus on more of the good things about myself instead of the things I would like to be. This doesn't mean I'm not up for self improvement. But I would just like to focus more on my accomplishments then my flaws. It gets really hard. Being pregnant with your second baby....2 months after you had your first baby... you didn't really have time to lose your first baby weight and it feels like baby #2 weight keeps piling on. I don't feel like the super smoking hot pregnant woman that I felt like when I was pregnant with Maddox. This doesn't just mean because of the weight. I also know I feel less awesome because i'm so drained and some days I don't get hardly anything accomplished. Some days the only thing on my list is a NAP!
Because I don't feel as cute, or awesome, or accomplished when people say things that normally shouldn't offend me.....I get offended. Like mentioning my nice round pregnant belly. It sounds crazy, I know. I'm just so sensitive to comments that touch on things i'm already self conscious about.
SO... No more complaining about my whale of a self.
I would like to say that I feel very proud this week. I feel proud of myself for the things I have done, how I have felt, and just life in general.
Just a reminder, I am going to school taking 11 credits. I also work part time, I have an 8 month old baby, and i'm 30 weeks pregnant. I just finished up my 3rd week of school and I am still surviving. Surviving quite well actually. I have gotten A's on all my assignments, and I have A+'s in all of my classes. Again, I know I am only in the 3rd week. But for everything that's been going on, i'm proud I even made it this far alive.
I'm also proud of working. I feel like i'm getting a lot more done at work and I'm getting a lot more people signed up for real estate school (part of my job). I feel really proud of myself for doing better and getting more accomplished. It also doesn't hurt when the people you talk to always compliment you.
And today at my drs appt for like the first time in forever everything was relatively fine! I can't tell you how that makes you feel after your past 700 drs appts have seemed to go horrible.
Anyway, long story short. I'm feeling proud of myself this week for the first time in a long time, and it feels good.
How do you find ways to love yourself and keep up your confidence? Especially if you're pregnant?
You are incredible Hannah! Wow. well hey I dont have any experience with pregnancy or raising kids... but I do know that Heavenly Father loves you so much for how amazing you are and how much you are able to do. What an amazing gift to be blessed with carrying a baby. I think you really are so beautiful. Joe and I are happy to hear that things are looking better with your second little boy:) we have prayed lots for you guys hoping that he will hang in there a little longer. We love you and your family!!
ReplyDelete