Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sometimes 2am is my favorite time of the day!

Do you want to know what i'm really doing right now? I'm procrastinating homework haha.
But in all honesty the last few nights Maddox has been waking up in the middle of the night (usually around 2am) and these have been my favorite times of the day. At 2am i'm not worrying about homework, housework, my to do list, drs appts, etc. At 2am I go get my sweet baby and he snuggles up next to me and grabs on the edge of my shirt and tangles his fingers up in my hair. He lays his head on my chest and sighs and drinks his bottle while he snuggles me. I lay there and smell his freshly washed baby hair and I think of how much i'm going to miss this when he grows up and doesn't want to snuggle me anymore. I think of how he has changed our lives in the past 8 months and I just lay in bed and smile. Then he finishes his bottle and tries to get comfy in our bed. He spends 10 minutes crawling around then flopping himself down and trying to decide if it's comfy enough. If it's not he gets up and crawls around again and then flops down. He kind of reminds me of a little puppy haha.
I rub his back and tell him stories about how awesome his daddy is. After he falls asleep I move him back into his room (no matter how bad I want him to stay in bed with us) and then I usually snuggle up with Josh thinking about how awesome he is and how darn lucky I am to have him. I usually fall back asleep with a big smile on my face thinking about how lucky I am to have all these sweet boys in my life. I cherish my 2am wake up call, because it's not going to stay like this forever and I already miss these sweet moments that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment