Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In my defense everyone, including myself warned him before we even got married...

Well...Even though people have warned him, including myself...my sweet husband still didn't know what he was getting himself into. Every single day he tells me "I will never have a boring day being with you". I keep this man on his toes! Today when he got out of work he called and I said "When you come home just don't be mad!" He got real worried really quick. He said "I'll be home soon....."
I wish I would have caught the look on his face when he walked in....This is what he walked into...
                                     
                                      



The funny part of the story was me getting the pool. I got really bored today. And as you can see I really had no desire to clean our house. So I sat on the couch for a few minutes and decided I was really hot. So I decided we needed a swimming pool. I went into town to TrueValue. I got a tarp and pool. The lady was looking at me weird but didn't ask questions. Then after I went out to the car and attempted to put the pool into the back seat I realized it wasn't going to fit. So I went back inside to buy rope. I tied that pool down as tight as I could to the roof. It was wrapped through my windows like 10 times. After I was done tying it down I was really proud of myself...until I tried opening the door to the car to get in. I realized I had tied shut all the doors. I had spent the last 10 minutes tying up the pool and didn't want to untie it. So I (literally) dove through the drivers side window to get into the car. After a few minutes of giggling and getting myself upright I looked over and noticed this girl staring at me like I was nuts. I just laughed and drove away. I went 20 mph while I had my hand out the window holding down the pool for extra support. Unfortunately it was windy so I ended up hanging out the window with 2 hands holding the pool that was now flying away while I controlled the steering wheel with just my knee. I was only going like 10 mph by now so no one get mad! Anyway. Finally I lost the pool. Luckily I was in a deserted area so it didn't hit anyone. I tried getting out of the car only to remember that I was tied in. So I climbed out of the window head first, landed on the ground, and by this point I was mad. So I folded that pool into practically a square and shoved it in the back seat. Luckily it didn't crack because it was so warm it just bent nicely :) I got it home and spent the next hour filling it up with a cooking pot. It was a lot of trips from the sink to the pool. Finally Josh walked in to his wife sitting in a pool in the middle of the living room. He didn't know what to think at first but then started laughing hysterically. We spent the next few hours playing with our bath toys and watching TV while we hung out in our pool. It was an awesome day. 
For those of you who are going to say "That is a horrible idea, you could ruin the carpet! etc" because I know there are a few out there. The tarp was 100% water proof. We did not splash at all. And the pool is now out of our living room and there is not one drop of water anywhere :) So don't be upset! 
Today was AWESOME!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pictured the whole story too! Wish I were more spontaneous like you, Hannah! (Must be the Sommers gene in you!) Your marriage is going to be a blast. And for the record, I too had to drive a few miles home down the back roads of Heber going 10 mph with a kiddie pool on the roof of my car held down only by my bare hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious and awesome!! I am so glad your enjoying your time and being creative. You guys will have a happy life together if you keep this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is the best story ever! I'm taking notes from you ;)

    ReplyDelete