Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What happens when the phones are down at work?

Well this morning we came into work and the phones were down. Unfortunately the whole company (including the customer service job I work) are based around phone calls all day long. So what happens when the phones go down? Well... First it's kind of like a panic...then an hour later everyone is just tired. We are all trying to talk our boss into renting us a bus and taking us to Lagoon or something. Not going to happen...but we got nothin else better to do other than bug him.
He has made a statement that if the phones aren't back up by 1PM today (after we get back from lunch) that he will let everyone go home. So prayers that the phones will stay down would be muchly appreciated.

I don't really like sitting around doing nothing so i've taken the janitorial position and started cleaning up the office. Trust me...this office is full of men. The only other girl in here is Nyssa and she is on her honeymoon, leaving me alone with an office full of men. So I feel like only the girls here take the clean initiative and clean up after everyone. I guess this is the job I will take today.
I am missing my friend in the office. Nyssa, if you're reading this (which i'm sure the #1 thing you do on your honeymoon is read my blog) for the love of batman please come back! I have no one to chat with during the day!

So on another note, last night I cleaned up the room Chevy had been staying in. Today I am going to be cleaning out the room that we have ALL of our storage stuff in. I'm going to go through my storage and clean out all the junk we don't need and put the stuff we want into the other room Chevy had been in. Then i'm going to take the back room (that all the storage is currently in) and start turning it into a nursery. Luckily the colors for the walls of the nursery are going to be the same if its a boy or a girl. So I went and bought paint last night and am planning on painting all day Saturday after I get that room all cleaned out. Then i'm going to go in and move all the baby stuff we have into there. Trust me, it's a lot more than you think thanks to loving friends and family :) This kid is going to be set!
So if anyone feels the urge to come clean out a storage room this week feel free to fly on up here :)
Plus side, the rest of our house is spotless thanks to my awesome husband. He has worked so hard the past 2 days doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning. Our house looks amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment