My project is called "30 Days to Becoming a Better Wife". A family member of mine had done "30 Days to Becoming a Better Man" and I loved seeing his posts every day. Unfortunately on the internet I couldn't find a day by day challenge to become a better wife, just tips on how to be better. So I'm taking some of the tips I've found and adding in my own here and there. Then hopefully by then end of 30 days I will feel like a more accomplished wife. Here's the list ( I stole it from a website that gave a list of tips to be a better wife, then took out some, and added my own)
Here's the goal. One per day. However, each day i'm going to try and implement the days before into my day still. So on day 5, I will still try to do tasks from day 1,2,3,&4. I will just mainly focus on 5 while throwing in things from previous days as well. Each day I will blog about what I have done for that day and how it has made it better. My hope is that I will become a better wife and gain the habits I need to stay a good wife.
If any of you have any other suggestions on what I should add into here, please feel free to leave comments. I would be more than happy to get other comments and thoughts on how this project is going. I can take constructive criticism :)
1. Be Pretty. Get pretty for him every day. Not just on special occasions or when you have to go out of the house. Get pretty for HIM.
2. Play More. Men like to play with their wives. Make efforts to do things your husband enjoys. Deep down, they want us with them as a playmate. If your husband has a hobby, learn to do it with him and have fun. Or, learn something together and do it regularly. Play cards or games together. The point is to have fun doing things with him that he enjoys. No nagging allowed in these moments. Only good, clean FUN!
3. Make Him a Priority. He should KNOW that he is important to you and that he comes above all others.
4. Pray for Him. Praying for your husband is one of the most powerful and important things you can do for him! Do it daily–especially when he ticks you off! THAT is the BEST time to pray for him! ;)
5. Feed Him. It has been said that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach…
6. Clean the House. If you are a homemaker or have a husband that just does not do what you feel is “his share” around the house…move on from your “feelings” on the matter and clean the house. God is sure to bless you for your sacrifice and honoring of your hubbie.
7. All About Him Day. One day just serving your husband. Make his favorite meal, give him a shoulder rub, clean his car. Make his day!
8. I love you day! See how many times you can tell him you love him (for reals) in one day. Cute notes. A text or phone call during work.
9. Honor Him in Front of Others. Be very careful how you speak to others about your husband. You should never ever ever bash him to friends in or out of his presence. Speak LIFE–always.
10. Date Night In. Rent a movie he's wanted to see. Order in food.
11. Forgive Him. I strongly believe that forgiveness is the ONLY way anyone can have a long lasting marriage. One cannot expect to spend a lifetime with someone and never experience betrayal, disappointments and pain. When we come to a place where we CHOOSE to not allow divorce to be an option and FORGIVE as we are forgiven, we may just find ourselves in an awesome marriage! (I feel like I get frustrated about dumb things lately. Try to not get upset about stuff)
12. Affirm Him. Men like words of affirmation. Speak positive over him and words of truth. TELL him that he is sexy, compliment him, tell him… good job, thank you, I appreciate you, etc. Point out the good regularly. I also looked up affirm in the dictionary and found words like; declare the truth of something , certify, cinch, confirm, declare, guarantee, profess, pronounce, repeat, vouch, witness. On the flip side I found the following antonyms in the thesaurus: deny, negate, nullify, veto. Affirm him!
13. Help Him. We were created to be their helpers. Help him when he needs it and help him by keeping your own conduct in check.
14. Let go of Anger. Anger leads to sin and does not accomplish anything other than pain. I have learned over the years that the only way to ever get results with any issue is when I have looked beyond my emotions and let go of anger.
15. Be Ready for Him. If you are a woman blessed enough to stay home, make sure you are ready for your husband when he gets home. Have the dishes done, the house cleaned, and dinner cooked. That way you don't spend time away from him still doing stuff when he get's home. If you work later than him, make sure you still make a point to greet him and let him know you missed him and he is your priority.
16. Get Sporty. AS, I mentioned above, men like playmates. It would behoove you to play something sporty with him…perhaps tennis, basketball, golf, etc. If playing is out of the question for you, watch sports with him. Learn the game and get involved with him. It has been said that the couple that plays together stays together. I find this to be very true.
17. Do Not Nag Him. There is nothing quite as sad as a nagging wife. Do not open the door for your poor husband to dread you. Now, on the other hand, men need to be reminded more than once. However, this is a delicate balance and must be handled as such. It really is HOW you “remind” your husband. Tone is everything…Remember: honey goes down a lot easier than an acid tongue.
18. Work Out. Whether it's together or just you. Try to stay fit and toned. Make sure you still try and be gorgeous for him.
19. Make Breakfast In Bed. Get up and make him something yummy. Take it to him in bed and make sure you tell him you love him.
20. Random Acts of Kindness. The little things really do matter in a marriage. Put forth effort to do kind things for your husband. Little or big–they all matter.
21. Go for a drive. Go for a drive with your husband. Get away from the cellphones, TV's and Electronics. Go stargazing and talk about your day.
22. LET Him Lead. This is a tough one for “today’s woman”. Unfortunately, God already made the decision of who is the head in a marriage. As women, when we are not allowing our husbands to be in their God-given roll, we are sinning. We are disobeying God. There is no other way to say it. Allowing our husbands to lead is a good thing, and when we do, God is sure to bless us! I believe He will also protect us when our husbands make the wrong choice–because we were obedient to the Lord.
23. Encourage Him. Men…and women really need encouragement. Encourage him to do good by speaking it over him. Encourage means: to make (someone) more determined, hopeful, or confident–assist, help. I also looked in the thesaurus and found words like; cheer up, brighten, boost, praise, prop up, gladden , strengthen and inspire. On the flip side, I found the following antonyms; dampen, deject, depress, deter, discourage, dispirit, dissuade, uninspire, counter, deter, frustrate, hinder, hurt, impede, obstruct and resist. Wow!
24. Ask God to Change YOU. Asking God to change your husband is never going to lead to anything other than your own frustration. What we need to be asking is for God to change US into the wives HE wants us to be. When we do this, the rest will fall into place because we are seeking God about our own actions. We will not be accountable for what our husbands did…only what WE did…
25. Say Thank You. I have gotten into the habit of saying (and teaching my daughters to do the same) thank you when we go out to eat as a family. Yes, I bring money into the home and it may be what I earned that afforded us to go to dinner, but it is a respectful thing to do that really makes him smile. I mean just saying “thank you for dinner honey (or daddy as the girls say)” makes him feel good and like he is providing pleasure for us. Look for ways to say thank you to your husband–if you have children, teach them the same. An attitude of gratitude works wonders!
26. Make sure you pray and study Scriptures together. Don't let this slip away. A couple that prays together stays together.
27. Dress Good. Make sure even if you get ready for the day you don't just stay in jeans and a tshirt. Put a dress on for date's every once in a while. Put on a cute outfit and he will notice the difference.
28. Smile. It takes less facial muscles to smile than to frown. Smiling lines look better than frown lines. Smiling makes you and others feel good! Smiles beget smiles. Smile!! :D
29. Stop Complaining to him. We are supposed to confide in our husbands, but do we pull them down with us if we complain too often? Try to keep complaining about headaches, work, or kids to yourself and notice the difference in his attitude.
30. Trust Him. I remember awhile back when my husband was driving us somewhere new and I kept trying to tell him which way to go. I even got quite ticked when I thought he went the wrong way. He finally looked at me and said; “Can you please just trust me and let me do this. Even if I get lost, I just need you to be supportive and stop telling me what to do!” Um…wow. Yeah, they actually want our support and to trust them–even when they may get it wrong. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment