Today was a really special day for me and Josh. We were able to go have a FUN ultrasound and have a good long look at our baby and find out the gender. It turns out it is a sweet little BOY! We are so thrilled. His name will be Maddox Jeffery Wray! We have been blessed to have 4 ultrasounds in this pregnancy already (they have me at high risk so I get ultrasounds every time I sneeze it feels like). Unfortunately these ultrasounds are usually stressful, the screen is turned toward the Dr. and tech the whole time, and we come away with just a little picture of our baby. Today we had a full 15 minutes of just a very quiet cozy room on a very comfy bed (for me) and couch (for Josh). It wasn't stressful at all after we saw our baby. They had it projected on the whole entire wall in front of us. It was very sweet to watch him. Our baby struggled for a few good minutes to suck his thumb. He finally got a few fingers in his mouth, but then gave up. He smiled at us and curled up and posed really cute, and he flashed enough of his man parts to 100% accurately say that it is definitely a boy!
We struggled all day to keep our mouths shut, we even had to run away from a few people because they almost got it out of us, then tonight we had a party at my sisters house. My sister was awesome and made really delicious coconut cream cupcakes with a blue center filling :) My Rebman side aunts and uncles were there along with my family. It was really fun to talk and hear their name suggestions and baby guesses. We had a blast!
All day i've been a little bit choked up looking at our ultrasound pictures. I feel like this is all a little surreal, he looks like such a sweet little baby and spirit and I worry about the world he'll come into, and I worry about being a good mom for him. At the same time I feel so blessed to be sent such a perfect little boy. We love him to death already and we can't wait to hold him in our arms in a few short months :)
We <3 you Maddox!
His cute little profile :)
Maddox trying so desperately to suck his little thumb while he stretched out his legs at the same time :)
P.S. I didn't really want to post my ultrasound pictures all over Facebook, I felt better about posting 1 or 2 on my personal blog that only closer friends and family follow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment